Thus, because of his need of aesthetics and function to last for longer years we decided on placing maximum number of dental implants that were possible for him for a fraction of a cost that he would have incurred in the USA. The advantages to do so were:
- More implants meant more number of fixed artificial individual teeth with lesser and cheaper repairs in the future.
- Better distribution of functional load and forces on the implants thus increasing their lifespan.
- Ease of home care with better flossable areas.
- Lesser bone loss around implants as compared to areas without dental implants.
- To have a back up of dental implants in case of a failure of a functional dental implant without major cost implications.
Full Mouth/Jaw implants procedure:
The procedure involved the extraction of all the diseased teeth and tissue with bone grafting performed wherever required followed by the placement of 22 dental implants in strategic locations to replace maximum number of teeth ensuring the future restoration of function and aesthetics to the best possible outcome, customized specifically for the patient considering his age, health and expectations.
In the first part of the procedure we used 10 dental implants to restore immediate functional and aesthetic needs. The remaining implants in such a case will be used in function after a mandatory healing period of 6 months.
The lower jaw was immediately restored following the All-on-four concept, while the upper jaw was restored using 6 Nobel Biocare Active dental implants.
The full mouth dental implant surgeries were performed in 2 consecutive days by Dr. Priyank Mathur, Dr. Shashwat Magarkar and Dr. Shruti Patil followed by the fixing of the long term fixed temporary teeth on the 4th day.
The picture of the case shows his temporary teeth. We are yet to give him a permanent teeth set on his full mouth dental implants.